Saturday, October 26, 2013

Puff, puff, puffing along...

I feel like The Little Engine That Could puffing along on my organizing kick right now.  This week I've been sorting through my research and categorizing my articles.  This has helped me set up my rough draft outline.  I am pleased at its easy flow and hope that I can do justice to this topic that demands attention.  While reading my paper mentally will be completely different from hearing me read my paper aloud, I hope that my belief in this cause comes through regardless.  I also hope that my nerves will not get the best of me when I present.  It's not that I don't know what I'm talking about, I just don't like the attention of everyone at once.  I get embarrassed when everyone focuses at me and sings Happy Birthday. I'm trying to take it slowly and realize my paper needs to be written before I can present anything so I should make that my focus now instead of presenting.  I'm trying to psych myself up by telling myself that this is a crowd willing to listen to my idea and I just have to be calm.  As my amazing cousin would say "I got this!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment