Monday, October 14, 2013

Reports? Data Sheets? Oh my!

For my annotated bibliography you might notice that several of the reports I found are from over the summer, when I first proposed this idea to my program directors.  I still think they provide a good foundation for me to build upon with scholarly articles and interviews.  I know that I still need to take that interviewing class ASAP. I intend to do so this week.

I will need your help in figuring out how to correctly cite reports that I find online.  I will admit that I use easybib.com for my MLA sourcing and while it is not always completely accurate, it works for me.  However, I get confused when I am referencing someone's else's research when it is being mentioned by someone else.  Also, I know I will need your help in trying to figure out how to properly cite reports and fact/data sheets published by various sources, like AAUW or the Census Bureau.

This is what I have been mulling over in my wording - to include "daily life" or not.  I am leaning towards the phrasing "The financial impact of enforcing the Equal Pay Act for working Latinas [in their daily life]."  I am leaning against adding it for I think it tries to group something that is too diverse - there is not "Latina working experience" because the places Latinas work are not all the same - teachers and doctors have different schedules and pay grades and education levels, etc.
- Jennifer Rey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment